Simple Berry Sorbet Recipe


I'm going to switch things up a little for this post by sharing the recipe for one of my favourite healthy homemade treats! 

I've been trying to take my health into my own hands with a holistic approach that aims to embetter my mental, emotional, spiritual and physical health. This includes making healthy changes to my diet and eating more healthy foods. I've been looking into different recipes, with my focus being on healthy homemade vegetarian and vegan foods. There are so many yummy food options out there that can be prepared in a healthy way as alternatives to the stuff we often find in grocery stores, restaurants, etc. 

I found a basic version of this simple, yummy recipe on the Faust Island Instagram page a few years ago and have since made it several times and tweaked it to my liking. I'm sharing my tweaked version! 

This recipe calls for six simple ingredients: frozen strawberries, frozen raspberries, honey, lemon juice, lime juice and a pinch of sea salt. 

Strawberries are a good and tasty source of vitamin C (an antioxidant that supports the immune system), manganese, folate (vitamin B9) and potassium. Raspberries are high in antioxidants like vitamins C & E, alpha and beta carotene, lutein, zeaxanthin and selenium. The sweetness and tartness of the berries give the sorbet the bulk of its flavour, while the honey adds a bit of sweetness to balance out some of the sourness. The lemon and lime juices add a slight tangy citrus taste and, along with the sea salt, bring out the berry flavours of the sorbet. Honey, lemon juice, lime juice and sea salt also boast their own health benefits. Honey is rich in nutrients, antioxidants and minerals, including phosphorus, calcium, potassium and magnesium, while lemons and limes are high in vitamin C. Sea salt is less processed than other salts and naturally contains magnesium, calcium, potassium and other nutrients. If preferred, different berries can be used and salt can be omitted.

Simple Berry Sorbet 

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups frozen strawberries
  • 2 cups frozen raspberries
  • 4 teaspoons honey
  • 2 squeezes lemon juice
  • 2 squeezes lime juice 
  • Pinch of sea salt 
Add frozen berries, honey, lemon juice, lime juice and salt to blender (I used my mom's vintage Osterizer Cyclo Trol Ten!). Blend until smooth. Eat as is or freeze for approximately 1 - 2 hours if a firmer consistency is desired. 

That's it! Feel free to let me know if you try this recipe; I'd love to hear what you think!
 
Thank you to Amber Faust of Faust Island for inspiring this recipe with hers!

As always, feedback is welcome! Let me know what you think of this recipe or if you have any of your own favourite healthy recipes that you want to share. I'll be back in May with another post!

Hugs,

Marady A.K.A. Max


Previous posts:



Comments

  1. Awesome! Can't wait to try this ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are your thoughts on this statement?

    You would eventually run out of ways to hurt people but never ways to help them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could not have dary this would be my go to . ^-^ I do this when I feel like being mean to my drink mixer. Don't use unless ur cup is massive blender = no mess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Join the discussion!

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving the Winter Blues

Journaling For Beginners

I'm Back!